Over the years, we’ve found the BG lifetime protection plan to be very helpful in covering costly repairs needed to vehicles that had previously been serviced. Continue reading for an outline of the program and how to get started with it.
To start protection:
Simply use the effective and money saving line of BG products during regular routine maintenance.
Plan 1 Initial service(s) must begin within 36,000 miles (60,000 km) to receive 100% coverage.
Plan 2 If your vehicle has between (36,001–75,000 miles/ 60,001–120,000 km) on the odometer when you do the initial service you receive 50% coverage.
Already on a similar program? If you have already been using a similar product like Wynn’s, they will even give you the warranty if you switch over and start using BG products.
To maintain protection:
Use BG additives and/or fluids and follow the BG recommended schedule of maintenance which is:
- Service interval for all fluids except engine oil: 30,000 miles.
- Engine oil interval: no more than 10,000.
- Fuel cleaning service interval: 15,000 miles.
Not ready to commit to those intervals? That’s okay. Doing the services even just once can give you protection as your vehicle starts to need repairs more often: after 75,000 miles or so, right after the cutoff for Plan 2.
Protection Plan Coverage:
Coverage below is for Plan 1. Plan 2 is 50% of these numbers
- Engine up to $4,000 USD per service interval.
- Fuel system up to $4‚000 USD per service interval.
- Automatic Transmission/Transaxle up to $2‚000 USD per service interval.
- Front Differential up to $4‚000 USD per service interval.
- Rear Differential up to $4‚000 USD per service interval.
- Transfer Case up to $4‚000 USD per service interval.
- Manual Transmission/Transaxle up to $4‚000 USD per service interval.
- Power Steering up to $4,000 USD per service interval.
- Cooling System up to $4‚000 USD per service interval.
- Brake System up to $4,000 USD per service interval.
See our maintenance section to learn what each BG service does
In case there have been changes, here is the latest overview straight from the BG website.
BG Protection Plan Details
This page was last edited on by.